|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Painter / Strapper operator to join the team at our OSB facility in Fordyce, AR. As a Strapper Operator you are also responsible for using small tools to ensure the strapper area is free of wood debris and visually inspect equipment in the strapper area for any issues. Successful employees will have opportunities to advance into new positions as they become available. Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance excellence and punctuality. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures OSB structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Responsible for end product quality and appearance
- Operate painting and strapping equipment to package units of OSB
- Keep area safe and clean
What You Will Need:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Must be willing to adhere to safety rules and regulations
- Ability to obtain a mobile equipment license and operate mobile equipment
- Must be able to communicate efficiently both oral and written
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Must be willing to work shift work, variable start times, including overtime, weekends, and holidays (as scheduled)
- Must be willing to wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
- Basic computer entry skills required
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with paint booth and strapping equipment
- At least 2 years of industrial/manufacturing experience
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf