|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
- Prepares, coats and finishes metal and/or other surfaces.
- Operates conventional and airless spray equipment to apply industrial paint finishes on metal and other types of surfaces.
- Mixes and applies alkyds, epoxies, gel coats, powder coats, urethane, zinc epoxies and water borne paint systems according to a prescribed formula.
- Adjusts nozzles on spray guns to obtain the proper dispersion of the spray and monitors the flow and viscosity of the paint for solution.
- Proper use of mill gauge and monitors pressure amount.
- Cleans paint lines, paint guns and performs other cleaning preventative maintenance to ensure that painting apparatus remains in working order.
- Regulates the temperature and air circulation in drying ovens.
- May also perform duties of Prep Worker.
- Initiates and maintains all applicable paperwork as required.
- Follows all safety rules and practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares painting area
- May apply primer or 1st exterior coat
- Prepares paint/mixes paint
- Proficient at spray and hand-held application of exterior coatings
- Proficient at sealing/baking final exterior coatings
- May apply interior primer coats
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday6am – 6pm
Why Join Trinity?
Trinity Industries offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity’s standard company benefits package, which includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, 401(k) with match and additional retirement contributions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance. Little known fact about Trinity Industries: Once people come to work here, they tend to stay. Trinity is employee-focused and involved in our communities, which is probably why working for Trinity feels more like family than a large corporation. Add in the industry leading industrial products we build, and you can see why our employees are proud to call Trinity home. What legacy will you build?
EEO/Disabled/Veterans. If you are interested in applying for employment with Trinity and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Applicants and employees of Trinity are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.