|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
Sapa Extrusions is seeking a Production Supervisor for their Gainesville, GA facility.
This position reports directly to the Finishing Manager and supervises crew with up to 30 direct reports. This position has complete and total responsibility for the safe operation, quality of material, and productivity of the paint lines during a shift and will not only lead and manage in a professional and capable manner, but will also participate directly on the plant floor.
This individual is required to work nights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must drive a safety culture where safety is the number one priority for all employees
- Follow all safety protocol. Lead by example and hold your crew accountable to do the same
- Exhibit and live the Sapa Values as part of doing business. Support short and long term goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) strategies
- Value Our People – coach, teach, and develop them
- Adhere to the ISO 9001 principles on quality management and ISO 14001/18001 principles on EHS management
- Maintaining a safe work environment for all shift employees and by meeting Sapa Health, Environmental, and Safety standards
- Upholding documented standards of performance of the employees in metal treatment, safety and equipment care
- Supervise the extrusion crew consisting of all personnel in all roles
- Prioritize shift assignments and available staffing/coverage in order to meet shift safety, quality, and efficiency goals
- Achieve the shift metrics, as assigned by Department Manager
- Foster an environment where employees will willingly make extra effort to exceed goals
- Perform regular shift meetings for communication of shift goals and results and to perform required safety training
- Perform administrative tasks and maintain administrative records for the shift, including required production reporting, IMS system entries and follow up, training needs and skills assessments, time and attendance, disciplinary action, performance management, and payroll forms
- Perform coaching of employees for development, recognition, reward, or unacceptable performance or attendance
- 5 + years successful manufacturing experience
- At least one year supervising 15 or more employees
- Previous aluminum extrusion experience a plus
- Previous experience on high volume automated paint lines (wet & powder) a plus
- Experience in employee involvement in multi-discipline teaming is a plus
- Must have a passion around safety. Must drive a safety culture where safety is number one priority for all employees
- Ability to understand production goals and hit targets
- Lean/Continuous Improvement practical application preferable
- Working knowledge of manufacturing resource planning, particularly work scheduling/lead times
- Working knowledge of quality management systems
- Ability to present a positive unified front to departmental employees, reinforcing the goals, strategies, and personal commitment of the leadership team
- Proven record of coaching others to success in their own areas of influence
- Meticulous attention to detail and an innate knack to research and solve problems
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, changing production atmosphere while working independently with tight schedules and adhering to the highest standards of excellence
Sapa is the world’s leading supplier of value added aluminum profile solutions to the construction, automotive, transportation, domestic, and engineering sectors. We offer exciting employment opportunities with significant upward potential for the motivated individual in a leading multinational company that has over 22,800 employees in operations in 40 countries.
Sapa Extrusions North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.