|Date Posted||December 4, 2018|
Production Spray Painter I – 3rd Shift
Job Summary & Essential Functions: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
This occupation requires the application of protective paint finishes to parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies made of plastic, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, using brush and spray-painting techniques and equipment.
• Sets up, operates and maintains spray guns and other painting equipment.
• Prepares part surfaces for application of coating to ensure proper adhesion of the paint, which may include sandblasting and masking of parts
• References, locates and interprets blueprints, specifications, and work orders.
• Determines from specifications, blueprints or work orders the type and color of primes, paint, protective coatings and/or solution required.
• Mixes and thins paint to proper consistency.
• Locates color break areas, decals and/or insignias and paints or mounts such items per use of customer specifications, blueprints and simple arithmetic.
• Applies primer and matte topcoats to interior and exterior of parts, subassemblies and assemblies.
• Works to required tolerances in the application of finished surface coats.
• Verifies and evaluates thickness and location of painted surfaces for acceptance or rejection of product.
• Performs basic/simple rework and touchup, feathering, shading and blending of primer and matte topcoats by the use of spray gun and brush.
• Maintains full understanding of rework procedures.
• May perform such work incident to work described above, such as touchup, masking, sandblasting, sanding, priming, sealing and surfacing.
• Maintain acceptable labor reporting in BAAN.
• Maintain accurate log entries pertaining to the work being performed and dictated by customer specifications and company SOPs.
• Maintains strict adherence to company SOPs.
• Maintains a high level of 6S involvement.
• Support Lean initiatives by participating in CI events and/or providing ideas for improvements in the area.
• Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
• Acceptable attendance is an essential function of the position.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Ability to set up and operate various types and sizes of spray guns, paint mixers, and other painting equipment
• Ability to use references to obtain easily identified information, to use simple arithmetic, including decimals and fractions.
• Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret mylars/engineering drawings.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Annual baseline hearing test is required.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Skills & Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
171 Stacey Road
Coxsackie, New York, 12051