|Date Posted||April 12, 2019|
Painter's Helper (6 pm-6 am) Team B
***This position requires a 3-3-1 schedule 6 pm-6 am (TeamB Schedule) which includes Monday,
Tuesday, Wednesday, and every other Sunday.***
80 hours- Holiday Pay
per year, 80 Hours- Vacation accumulating bi-weekly per year, 40 Hours Sick
Time per year
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Assists with taping and masking parts, unmasking parts, paint room inventory, 6s, hanging parts, dry lube, painting, sand blasting, spraying maskant for chem-mill, and operating process line.
% of Time
• Assists with taping and masking parts in preparation for paint.
• Removing tape and masking paper after paint.
• Assists with hanging parts prior to paint.
• Sand blasting parts.
• Apply T50 dry lube.
• Paint parts.
• Spraying maskant and scribe parts for chem-mill.
• Assist in process line as needed
• Assisting with paint room inventory and 6s Lean processes
• Ability to operate an overhead crane
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
• Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for the proper storage of hazardous wastes within paint department and collection of hazardous wastes from other departments, including transportation to the hazardous waste storage shed
- Knowledge of policy and procedures in the event of a hazardous waste release, fire or explosion. Knowledge of the chemical characteristics and location of hazardous waste in the facility. Ability to shut down operations.
- Annual pulmonary test is required.
- Annual eye exam is required.
- Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. Other duties may be assigned. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to comply with specific safety policies.
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
- Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
- Basic Computer Skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with training.
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Stand – Continuously 10 lbs or less – Frequently
Walk – Frequently 11-20 lbs – Frequently
Sit -N/A 21-50 lbs – Frequently
Climb – N/A 51-100 lbs – N/A
Crawl – N/A Over 100 lbs – N/A
Squat or Kneel – Frequently
Bend – Frequently Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation – Frequently 10 lbs or less – Frequently
Reach Outward – Frequently 10-20 lbs – Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder – Frequently 20-50 lbs – N/A
Drive – Occasionally 50-100 lbs – N/A
Over 100 lbs – N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) – Activity is not applicable to this occupation
Occasionally – Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 – 2.5 hrs/day)
Frequently – Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
Continuously – Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered
High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
3333 Main Street
Parsons, Kansas, 67357