|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
Painter – Level 2 (Aerospace)
Greenville, SC (no relocation provided)
1st shift position
6 month contract on W2
Prep aircraft surface for paint by removing or scuff sanding existing coatings, corrosion removal, and treatment of sub-straight, mask, prime, paint aircraft surfaces and/or parts to prevent corrosion, provide a quality cosmetic appearance, layout and apply required markings to include stripes and two tone surfaces.
- 5 yrs of aircraft and/or automotive paint application experience is required.
- Read and interpret engineering Paint drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes is required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Detail surfaces and prepare for paint by cleaning, stripping, abrading or chemically treating
- Perform basic fiber glass repairs using fillers or high build primers
- Wash aircraft surfaces prior to painting
- Mask aircraft surfaces as necessary protecting sensitive components, final wiping prior to paint application, prime and paint
- Use of proper painting techniques, mixing ratio’s, correct paint viscosity, identification of improper and/or unacceptable finish application
- Use various types of hand tools and/or hand-help power tools, grinders, sanders, paint guns, tape measure, etc.
- The employee must provide personal tools required by the Company and be able to work any shift and/or weekend as directed by operational requirements.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks.
- The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials per Government regulations and company procedures.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- In addition, the employee shall promote an effective use of company and customer assets to ensure ground and flight safety.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
Certifications/License Requirements: (ie: A&P, Forklift, etc.)
- Able to satisfactorily complete respirator training and pass physicals as required by the Company.
- Must be able to pass lift certification both Snorkel and Boom lifts.
- Employee must provide a limited number of personal owned tools in a shadowed toolbox per company standard.
Specific Physical Requirements (ie: stand, walk, stoop, etc)
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to perform repetitive movements, work overhead, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl or twist and talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or push or pull up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.