|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
The Painter performs, under general supervision, painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Paints, varnishes, stains, enamels, lacquers and redecorates walls, woodwork, and fixtures.
- Mixes paint and matches colors.
- Utilizes brushes, sprayers or rollers to apply paint or other coatings.
- Removes old finish using scraper, chemical compounds, or heat gun.
- Fills nail holes, joints, and cracks in walls with plaster or other filler.
- Replaces door or window glass.
- Estimates time and material costs on painting and redecorating projects.
- Requisitions new painting supplies and equipment.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- May require apprenticeship training.
- Ability to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- A valid driver’s license may be required.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to heat/cold.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.