|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
The Daleville plant is a focus factory that specializes in the manufacturing and final assembly of Aerial Devices, Cranes and Digger Derricks.
The Painter performs a variety of manual tasks in support of the coatings application and production process. Paint used is both wet and power.
Responsibilities may include lifting and loading items, painting parts, cleaning and maintaining equipment, and performing other general tasks. Work requires skill and precision painting techniques and a good understanding of paints and painting processes.
* Performs a variety of manual labor tasks associated with the coating application and production process, which may include loading and unloading materials, moving parts and equipment, painting and coating parts, cleaning and maintaining parts and equipment, and providing routine assistance and support.
* Safely perform preparation, painting, and detailing of parts under minimal supervision: Ensures compliance with operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations; may require the employee to wear safety equipment or gear, including self-contained breathing apparatus.
* Communicates with production, maintenance, quality control, warehousing, and other departments to maintain a safe and effective environment and to ensure quality products.
* Cleans, preps, and coats parts on a moving monorail system using electronic and air powered equipment and tools, paint scrapers, and electrostatic paint guns.
* Follows standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as hydraulic lift/platforms and paint sprayers.
* Follows standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
* Maintains paint booth and equipment care: Paint gun equipment and paint kitchen, cleaning and maintenance of booth (filters, booth coat, etc.)., Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and within specification.
* Moves totes, parts, and equipment using a pallet jack and/or fork lift.
* Makes adjustments to paint booth, guns and all equipment in the environment room; following proper procedures and PPE.
* May operate various equipment and machinery under direct supervision or as certified or trained.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.