|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Provide painting and carpentry skills for Site.
- Ensure adequate stock of painting supplies
- Manage waste fluids generated in the operating areas. Ensure proper labeling and delivery to Drum Yard.
- Repair lavatory facilities.
- Repair office ceiling tile systems.
- Repair/Install flooring systems as required.
- Paint offices and other plant areas as instructed by Supervisor.
- Secure cabinets, bookshelves and other furniture to prevent tipping
- Secure white boards and corkboards to walls.
- Caulk and seal building as required.
- Relocate office furniture as needed.
- Spread sand/deicer during periods of inclement weather.
- Maintain/Install outdoor signs.
- Build wood boxes as required for shipment of items.
- Participate in preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Make minor repairs to insulation in all areas of plant
- Applies, removes, mixes and matches paint.
- Remove old finishes and prepares surfaces for painting by repairing, sanding and patching.
- Repairs, maintains and constructs buildings’ woodwork and equipment.
- Selects materials and operates equipment to complete work with a variety of carpentry tools, portable power equipment and large machinery such as saws, drill presses, wood lathes and sanders.
- Makes computations relating to dimensions of work
- Uses a variety of hand tools, such as brushes, paint rollers and sponges, as well as hand power tools to complete work.
- Performs visual inspection of all material prior to painting.
- Thins and strains paints to required consistencies and viscosities to produce specified finishes.
- Performs work of appreciable difficulty, where areas are not easily accessible due to unusual contours and irregular shapes, as well as a number of raised or required depressed surfaces.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for 8 to 12 hours
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, lift, carry, and reach frequently.
- Able to ascend and descend a ladder.
- Able to lift 50 lbs frequently
8 hour, day shift
Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.