|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
The Ken Garff Body Shop in Riverdale is looking for a methodical and detail oriented Automotive Painter that will be responsible for mixing/formulating automotive refinish materials as directed by paint supplier tools and support data to meet OEM color match and finish texture/appearance and beautifully paint the vehicles that come into our body shop.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Properly formulate all refinish coatings including primers/undercoats, base or color coats and clear coats as directed by paint suppliers technical data support documents for each product • Provide properly matched (OEM spec) refinish color products in “ready to spray” formulas to painter, utilizing all color tools provided by paint supplier (i.e., spray out cards, vehicle production data, chip cards, etc.).
- Mix only the amount of refinish products (primer, base and clear) required to cover repair/refinish area and limit waste, using paint suppliers “mix-management system”.
- Properly clean and maintain, in proper working order, all paint formulation and spray application equipment (i.e., paint guns, mixing system, computer equipment, etc.) as directed by management.
- Update all paint supplier color, technical data and material as received.
- Assure paint area (i.e., booth, prep station, etc.) and paint mix/storage rooms are clean and all refinish products are stored as directed.
- Manage, order and inventory refinish supplies to meet production needs.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health and compliance procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Paint Vehicles with detail and skill
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., may spray paint vehicles if necessary, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in automotive paint color matching required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to color-match by eye the formulated paint and the required color.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (tools, paint canisters, etc.).
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment • Strong organizational skills and detail oriented • Pass a motor vehicle report and possess an acceptable safe driving record • Ability to read and comprehend job-related instructions and information whether electronic or paper-based.
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience and an eye for detail.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job and to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances dictate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer