|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
Job Summary: Reporting to the Body Shop Manager or designated supervisor, the Paint Technicians perform painting and refinishing of repaired vehicles while maintaining high standards for efficiency and observing all safety requirements. Perform all additional duties assigned by the Body Shop Supervisor or Manager. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed always.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Perform paint services:
- Ensure vehicles are properly cleaned and dusted prior to painting, to meet the production goals.
- Appropriately tape off areas that are not to be painted.
- Mixing paint may be required.
- Prepare the painting booth and paint for the assigned vehicles.
- Work closely with other technicians to ensure production goals and estimates are being met on time.
- Refinish repaired exterior panels and new parts in accordance with auction and professional standards.
- Communicate with other technicians to maintain an efficient flow of painted vehicles in support of auction operations.
- Clean all painting equipment after every job. May be required to provide sufficient tools to perform the job.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Report all incidents to management immediately.
- Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
- Ensure proper techniques and procedures are being implemented by body shop employees.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all persons with whom they come in contact.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise management of all serious complaints or incidents.
- Assist in overall general shop duties.
- Advise the Body Shop Supervisor or Manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the department.
- Work within established company safety procedures and guidelines to ensure safety and security for employees and property.
- Follow safe working procedures and reporting procedures for injuries, loss or damage of property.
- Practice and promote company Core Values.
Paint Tech Responsibilities and Skills:
- Computer– Basic computer skills to mix paint.
- Detailed– High attention to detail to make sure vehicle repairs are completed right the first time.
- Communication– Interpersonal skills to communicate with employees, customers, and members of management.
- Drive– Follow company policy and procedures when operating vehicles.
- Teamwork– Willingness to work in a team environment and promote teamwork.
- Production– Responsible for the quality and quantity of work produced
- Tools– Ability to use tools such as: electric sanders, paint guns, buffers, and air blowers.
- Safety- Promote and follow safety procedures, by maintaining a clean work area and wearing protective equipment such as: facial masks and respirators, gloves, and paint suits.
Paint Tech Qualifications:
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of experience in a paint and body environment preferred.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate vehicles with a manual or automatic transmission.
- Provide sufficient tools to perform the job.
- Ability to understand and adhere to Company policies in all areas.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are Medium to Heavy Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
- Constant –reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, bending
- Frequent-stooping, repetitive motion
- Occasional– balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations.
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment, cleaning equipment, body shop, painting and cleaning chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with body shop and paint operations
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbents in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instruction or duties requested by an authorized person. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
- Benefits for Full-Time Employees commence on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Benefits include:
- 3 Medical Plan Options, 2 Dental Plan Options and 2 Vision Plan Options
- Health Savings Account – Portable account used to pay for medical expenses and funded with Pre-tax Deductions and Annual Employer Contributions ($750 Individual Coverage/ $1500 for Family Coverage)
- 401K Plan with 100% Employer Match on first 4% Employee Contribution
- The following Benefits are 100% Employer Paid: 2x Salary Life Insurance, 65% Salary Short Term Disability, 2/3x Salary Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, 5 Paid Sick Days, 5 Personal Days, and 10 Days of Vacation (prorated based on hire date).
- Voluntary Benefits (Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Identity Theft)