|Date Posted||March 13, 2019|
Leads and manages robotic activity including robotic orders/specifications, set-up, programming, maturation, maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports paint robotic related cleaning, prepping, masking, and spraying aircraft surface and/or subassembly parts for the paint process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages robotic activity across Honda Aircraft Paint facilities including robotic orders/specifications, set-up, programming, maturation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Supports new robotic model incorporation and process capability studies involving robotics (process analysis, new model, in-depth cycle time analysis, etc.)
- Performs robotic programming on-line and off-line (3D CAD robotic simulation, off-line path creation, process capability confirmation, on-site introduction and maturation of robotic programs.
- Supports new technical robotic development and the development of associate skills related to robotics across the organization.
- Optimize paint robot utilization, minimize robotic system downtime, and continuously improve the paint application process and final quality.
- Inspects aircraft for any paint defects, discoloration, dark spots, and touchup robot programs as needed.
- Analyzes errors, defects and determines root cause. Develops and assist in implementation of corrective actions, utilizes SPC or quality bases tools to evaluate effective of corrective action.
- Reviews chemical and physical properties of paint to optimize the application parameters and processes of automatic, manual, electrostatic, and conventional spraying.
- Implements and consistently follows the 5s program.
- Performs path creation and adjustments for upload/download to robotic work cells.
- Works directly with paint suppliers and other members across the company to solve any paint related problems and/or improve the application process.
- Develop color formulations, performs color tinting, matching and testing for approval of new colors/suppliers.
- Performs data analysis of DFT, robotic system downtime and from paint and color testing instruments.
- Performs preventive maintenance routine to the robot and rotary application bell, is also responsible for troubleshooting and fault recovery of the robotic system.