|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
JOB TITLE: Paint Line Powder Coater
SUMMARY: Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Some duties and responsibilities of our Paint Line Powder Coater will include:
- Operation of the powder coat application system
- Maintaining parameters of control to achieve proper paint application
- Setting/storing and maintaining operation recipes in the automated system
- Maintaining a system to avoid cross-contamination of paint colors
- Responsible to determine when to change and clean system components
- Performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing materials and produc