|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
This position is temporary, will end on January 2019.
- 21 Years of age.
- Applies paint using a roller, hand brush, or spray gun on all types of furniture, fixtures, walls, ceilings, etc.
- Installs and repairs wallpaper throughout the property.
- Patches and prepares all surfaces for paint or wallpaper, including sheet rock patches.
- Refinishes all types of furniture.
- Applies tape and drywall finish as required.
- Applies acoustical ceiling finishes and other textured finishes.
- Advises Painter Lead of all work orders and/or projects currently being worked on, the scheduling of projects, and materials needed for such projects.
- Ensures that all equipment and work areas are kept clean, neat and orderly at all times.
- Keeps informed and updated on current techniques and technical methods. Maintains a constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
- Advises Painter Lead of any unusual conditions within the property.
- Perform other related duties and assist other trades as requested.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Painter, preferably in a hotel or industrial complex property.
- Ability to climb ladders onto raised areas and be able to work from scaffolding.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job which include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate skyjack, forklift, scissor lift, or other heavy equipment.
- Working knowledge of the Painter’s trade to repair and maintain the property, such as; application of paint on furniture, fixtures, walls, ceilings, etc.; refinishing furniture; apply acoustical ceiling finishes and other textured finishes; installation and repair of wallpaper; sheet rock patches; tape and drywall finish.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Some technical schooling in painting and refinishing.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.