|Date Posted||August 8, 2018|
The Aircraft Painter prepares aircraft surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding and treating metal surfaces with chemicals such as alumiprep and alodine. Applies aerodynamic sealer, and masks the aircraft using tapes and paper products (to protect windows, seals, struts, cables, etc.) in preparation for the paint process.
* Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers' maintenance manual specifications.
* Applies paint to the aircraft interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
* Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
* Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
* Applies registration number, external markings, placards, emergency borders, wing walks, etc. within regulations and specifications.
* Familiar with and understands composite and problem areas on a variety of corporate aircraft.
* Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
* Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
* Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other facilities as required.
* Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
* May perform other duties as required by the department
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.